I honestly didn't see this fight ever happening. But, here we are and I still don't quite believe it.
To answer one of your questions first, they will be using 10oz gloves. McGregor is used to 4oz and Mayweather is used to 8oz. A few things I have to mention about this insane matchup:
Most people are saying that McGregor has no chance at all. That he will be destroyed because "Mayweather is the greatest boxer". I understand why people are saying that, but that's just not true. Statistically speaking, McGregor does have a chance.
1. McGregor is 13 years younger than Floyd and has both size and reach over him. There's a reason that those measurements are taken so seriously, they matter. McGregor outreaches him by two inches, and Floyd has never been outreached by that much in his career.
2. Floyd has never, ever fought anyone as unorthodox as McGregor. Obviously from a MMA/Boxing standpoint, and also from a southpaw attack/defender standpoint.
3. McGregor is a beast. He can take a beating better than anyone I've ever seen and recover almost instantly. Then take that momentum and land some extremely powerful strikes. And on that same note, McGregor also is known to have a much more powerful punch than Mayweather. And that's not just my opinion. That's directly from ex-opponents.
4. Yes, Mayweather is the undisputed boxing champ. But anyone who has actually followed his fights knows that the most commonly used weapon in his arsenal is his feet. He is a runner. He dances around most of his fights until he is either forced into contact, or the fight ends. McGregor doesn't put up with this. He will attack, and attack, and attack, and attack until he gets what he wants from Mayweather. And what he wants is that split second opening to land one of his lethal punches. A win by decision is Mayweathers dream.
5. A lot of people are saying that McGregor doesn't know how to box, so he'll get destroyed.... Again, not true. In fact, McGregor was an All-Ireland Boxing Youth Champ. So he's not untrained in technical boxing. It's actually where he started. That isn't something to just be slept on.
6. I don't see a knockout coming from Mayweather. If anything, I see McGregor knocking out Mayweather. I know.... But Mayweather is a counter-punch artist. He has absolutely NO IDEA how McGregor is going to fight. And McGregor knows EXACTLY how (or atleast 90%) Mayweather is going to fight. This leads me to lean towards one of the greatest sports upsets ever, McGregor winning.
With all that said, this fight is an ABSOLUTE win/win for McGregor. He gets hundred(s) millions dollars if he wins or loses. This isn't the same for Floyd. If he wins, he beat someone who isn't known in the modern boxing world. If he loses, it will destroy his name and his record.
And not to mention, don't forget that boxing is fighting. No matter the odds, there's always a chance of your opponent taking you out. Period.
Oh yeah, now on to a person opinion. I despise Floyd Mayweather, and not just for his arrogant and abusive history. It took him 6 years to build up the courage to fight Pacman, who was a very dangerous boxer that could have beat him, but can agree and settle to this fight in under a year.... Shows what kind of person he is.